The Tetraktys Spread
This layout was inspired by the tetractys (or tetrad) of Pythagorean mysticism.
In one method, the cards are laid, and interpreted, from right to left starting from the bottom row and ending at the top row. In another method, the movement is from top to bottom and left to right.
- Tetrad: The Material World
- Earth: physical realities of day to day living.
- Water: emotions, feelings, and whims
- Air: the mind, thoughts, and strategies toward goals.
- Fire: dynamic creative force, ambitions, and personal will.
- Triad: The Spiritual Forces
- Destroyer: old decisions and directions that should not be continued.
- Sustainer: decisions to keep balance, and things that should not change.
- Creator: new decisions and directions that may be made.
- Dyad: Essential Principles
- Dark: the reaction of the cosmos to the actions of the individual.
- Light: the influence of the cosmos leading the individual to an action.
- Monad: The Theme
- Premise: the foundation of the matter.